Based in San Francisco, United States
Press / Business contact:
PC and VR
LUNA IS A WHIMSICAL FABLE THAT TAKES PLACE IN A STAR TANGLED GALAXY WHERE A YOUNG BIRD MUST MAKE ITS WAY HOME.
The silence of a summer evening is disturbed by mysterious, haunting song. A majestic Owl’s call convinces a young Bird to swallow the last piece of the waning Moon and an unexpected storm blows the Bird far from its cozy new nest.
Solve celestial puzzles and create miniature musical worlds. Re-awaken the shadowy forest, discover its hidden creatures, and reunite the fragmented Moon so Bird can find its way home.
Brought to you by Funomena’s uniquely diverse team of veteran developers (Journey, Flower, Boom Blox, The Sims 2) Luna is a magical fable about restoring life to a storybook world.
Place, customize and interact with miniature, living terrariums.
Solve celestial puzzles to unlock their plants and animals.
Play musical flora and fauna to reveal Austin Wintory’s enchanting score.
Coming this Fall - for both PC and VR.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assets or ask any questions.
Luna started off as a PC title in partnership with Intel - as an experimental approach to their RealSense Camera technology. As the project evolved, and hand-tracked VR controllers began to emerge, the team decided to partner with Oculus to bring the game to the Touch. Due to the unique painted, tactile style of Glenn Hernandez's art direction, the PC version of Luna is already incredibly beautiful. What the team found was that going into VR served to augment the tactile aspects of the experience - transforming it into something that felt like its own little world. For several folks on the team, this game will be their first major commercial game release, and the process of supporting a VR version of the game was a huge leap both financially and experience-wise. We are just thrilled that the results have been so unexpectedly lovely. :D
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Otakus and Geeks - Interview with Robin Hunicke
Venturebeat - "Lightning Talk by Robin Hunicke"
iDigitalTimes - "'Luna' VR Is So Good Kids Are Hugging Virtual Turtles"
- Gamespot - "Our 10 Favorite Indie Games at PAX West"
- VR Focus - "Funomena’s Oculus Touch Indie VR Puzzler Luna Will Demo at PAX West 2016"
- Vice - "Robin Hunicke Wants to Change Video Games, but She Can’t Do It Alone"
- Gamesindustry.biz - ""Is there a space in games for the deliberately developmental game company?"
- Voices of VR - "“Luna”: A Deep Game, Narrative Puzzler about Recovering From Grief & Trauma"
- Around Your Screen - "Meet @Funomena, A #VR Game Development Studio Focused on Imaginative #Immersive Experiences for the Broader Audience"
- Venture Beat - "Funomena’s Robin Hunicke believes in games with intentional play"
- Engadget - "'Luna' is a whimsical puzzle game that takes place in the stars"
- Kotaku - "A Game About Becoming A Better Person. And Claymation Birds"
- i-D - "Playing the game: indie VR developer Robin Hunicke is changing a generation"