DOWNLOAD PRESS KIT
Press / Business contact
LUNA IS AN INTERACTIVE PC AND VR FAIRYTALE.
A Bird's peaceful summer slumber is disturbed by the majestic call of a mysterious Owl. Enticed to swallow the last piece of the waning Moon, Bird is blown far from its Golden Gate home.
Unscramble celestial puzzles and create miniature musical worlds. Re-awaken shadowy forests and bring life back to sparkling lakes. Discover hidden creatures, help the Bird reunite the fragmented Moon... and find its way home.
Brought to you by Funomena’s uniquely diverse team of veteran developers (Journey, Flower, Boom Blox, The Sims 2) Luna is an interactive fable about learning by the light of unexpected mistakes.
- Solve celestial puzzles to unlock each level's tree, plant and animal spirits.
- Place, customize and interact with them in miniature, musical terrariums.
- Bring each world to life, revealing Austin Wintory’s haunting, enchanting score.
Available for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality.
Coming soon to 2D on November 22nd, 2017!
Luna started off as a PC title in partnership with Intel - as an experimental approach to their RealSense Camera technology. As the project evolved, and hand-tracked VR controllers began to emerge, the team decided to partner with Oculus to bring the game to the Touch. Due to the unique painted, tactile style of Glenn Hernandez's art direction, the PC version of Luna was already incredibly beautiful. What the team found was that going into VR served to augment the tactile aspects of the experience - transforming it into something that felt like its own little world. For several folks on the team, this game will be their first major commercial game release, and the process of supporting a VR version of the game was a huge leap both financially and experience-wise. We are just thrilled that the results have been so unexpectedly lovely. :D
- Jun 2017 - E3 B-Roll (Google Drive download)
- Aug 2017 - Bird Teaser Trailer (YouTube)
- Sep 2017 - Owl Teaser Trailer (YouTube)
Awards & Recognition
- Achievement Oriented Podcast - "When Will Video Games Finally Tackle Intimacy?"
- Otakus and Geeks - Interview with Robin Hunicke
- Venturebeat - "Lightning Talk by Robin Hunicke"
- iDigitalTimes - "'Luna' VR Is So Good Kids Are Hugging Virtual Turtles"
- Monstervine - "Luna dev interview ft. Robin Hunicke: The Game, VR, Funomena and Devs VR Responsibilities"
- Newsweek - "Independent game creators offer a new political view!"
- Killscreen - "Our 12 most anticipated titles for virtual reality in 2017"
- Gamespot - "Our 10 Favorite Indie Games at PAX West"
- VR Focus - "Funomena’s Oculus Touch Indie VR Puzzler Luna Will Demo at PAX West 2016"
- Vice - "Robin Hunicke Wants to Change Video Games, but She Can’t Do It Alone"
- Gamesindustry.biz - ""Is there a space in games for the deliberately developmental game company?"
- Voices of VR - "“Luna”: A Deep Game, Narrative Puzzler about Recovering From Grief & Trauma"
- Around Your Screen - "Meet @Funomena, A #VR Game Development Studio Focused on Imaginative #Immersive Experiences for the Broader Audience"
- Venture Beat - "Funomena’s Robin Hunicke believes in games with intentional play"
- Engadget - "'Luna' is a whimsical puzzle game that takes place in the stars"
- Kotaku - "A Game About Becoming A Better Person. And Claymation Birds"
- i-D - "Playing the game: indie VR developer Robin Hunicke is changing a generation"